Receive comprehensive training
An Outreach Concern internship begins with intensive training that continues throughout the school year:
- Initial 3-day, 30-hour training program includes interviewing and counseling procedures; child abuse and suicide prevention training; child development, parenting and adolescent issues and intervention techniques.
- A 4th and 5th day of advanced training mid-year.
- Experience in cognitive/behavioral/crisis interventions, family system dynamics, educational issues, case management, laws and ethics and clinical presentations.
- Intensive clinical supervision, paid malpractice insurance and extensive training from a variety of specialists.
- Regular meetings with your Regional Field Supervisor plus on-going direction and support from our Clinical Director, a professional with more than 30 years of private practice and supervisory experience.
- Weekly meetings with a Clinical Supervisor, who reviews all cases and provides supervision and direction.
- Ongoing continuing education seminars covering a variety of clinical issues germane to working with children, adolescents and families.